Vital Presentation and Rhetorical Skills (AHS02)
Hinweis: Für diese Veranstaltung gibt es nur 8 - 9 Plätze. Eine rechtzeitige Anmeldung (s. u.) ist unbedingt erforderlich!
LEVEL: B1 or higher (CEFR)
Sprachkompetenz hier selbst testen: https://www.sprachtest.de/einstufungstest-englisch
People around the globe now are living and working differently than in the very recent past. Private life, education and business will forever be split between in-person and virtual meetings. This present and future reality dictates the need for flexibility, and the ability to give effective, convincing, and motivating presentations, either in video-conference meetings, or in-person with live audiences, in academia and in business. Vital presentations fundamentals regarding strategy, structure, voice, visuals, body language and confidence remain essential in any delivery environment. Technology platforms for providing video-conference presentations offer new opportunities to communicate and motivate audiences. Here, some fundamentals are critical. This seminar aims to improve participants’ effectiveness in all situations facing live audiences, through theory, applied practice, and feedback.
Topics covered include:
• Why a presentation or speech?
• Video-conferencing fundamentals
• Analysis and strategy
• Planning and structure
• Introducing other speakers
• Capturing and keeping audience attention - from the start
• Developing and using visuals effectively
• Maximizing the potential of your voice
• Mastering body language and non-verbal communication
• Integrating high impact language and rhetorical techniques
• Overcoming fears and building confidence
• Planning and managing effective Q&A - including difficult questions/people
• Planning presentations under time pressure
After initial input from instructor/trainer, participants will be assigned 2-4 speaking/presentation tasks for the remaining sessions followed by self, group, and instructor/trainer feedback.
Termine und Ort
|Uhrzeit||10.00 - 15.00 Uhr s.t.|
|Dozent(en)||Kieran McVey (native speaker, USA)|
time: 10 - 12 and 13 - 15
|Kursraum||Zoom online training|